Someday when you look back over your life, you’ll see that there are many things you regret not doing. Why allowing yourself to deal with these intense and sad feelings later on in your life when you still have a chance to do the things you avoided or forgot doing until now?
Life is precious as it is but it’s also full of challenges, difficulties and both positive and negative surprises. Every single day, you’re offered a new opportunity to feel happy, loved, and achieve success. Every single day, you have the chance to say ‘I love you’ to your family, partner, and friends and fulfill all your goals and dreams.
Wouldn’t be sad if you miss all these great present opportunities you have and postpone doing the things you can do now until later? I believe we both know the answer.
So, if you don’t want to spend your life regretting not doing something you could have done, make sure you start doing most or all of the following 21 uncomfortable things.
Here they are:
1. Pluck up the courage to admit to yourself and others when things aren’t working well. It doesn’t matter if it’s your love life, friendships or job, make sure you speak your mind.
2. Don’t forget to ask yourself if you’re the person you wanted to become when you grow up. If your answer is negative, put in more effort and don’t stop working on improving yourself until you become the person you want to be.
3. Express your opinion and feelings about the things that make you upset or suffer.
4. Don’t waste your time and energy on idle talks and gossip about people. They’re rude, mean, and totally useless.
5. Distance yourself from people who don’t treat you the way you deserve.
6. Start forgiving people who did you wrong and hurt you not because they deserve it, but because it’s you who deserve to relieve yourself of the pain and hate you carry in your heart and move on with your life.
7. Decide what your main priorities and goals are, no matter how high or difficult they’re to obtain, and focus all your energy and time on working towards them.
8. Stop overreacting and creating drama about unimportant and unnecessary things.
9. Organize your finances more carefully. Don’t just throw your money around on unnecessary things, but learn how to save money aside and use them wisely.
10. Find the necessary courage to stick to the things which matter to you, even if your loved ones disapprove of them.
11. Stop conforming to other people’s needs, wishes, and expectations. You’re the master of your own life.
12. Always tell people the truth. No matter how cruel it is or how much hurt someone will be, everyone deserves to know the truth and nothing less than that.
13. Stop making hasty decisions. Instead of that, consider all your opportunities and try to envision the outcome and all the possible failures of your decision.
14. Work hard and do your best to achieve personal and professional success. Success isn’t something which is dropped aside your door, but you earn it yourself.
15. Don’t be afraid to take me-time. Take all the time you need to reconsider things, reevaluate your priorities and relax. There isn’t anything selfish about that.
16. Start living your real life and distance yourself from the virtual one you have on the social media.
17. Don’t give yourself the right to judge other people, especially if you don’t know them.
18. Stop thinking about yourself negatively. You’re beautiful just the way you are. Be more confident.
19. Don’t be afraid to experience new things and meet new people, even if you aren’t sure if you’re going to like them or not.
20. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not so that others will like you. If someone truly and honestly loves you, they’ll accept you with all your assets and flaws.
21. Get rid of all your bad and unnecessary habits which bring you no good and are only an impediment to your happiness.